By working for St John Kenya you are contributing your skills and experience to address emergency health issues and help engage Kenyans in improving personal safety. You will also gain the satisfaction that comes from making a real difference in the life of others, work for a leader in the field that pursues best practice in emergency management, and become part of a professional team united by commitment to shared values
As an equal opportunities employer, St John Ambulance Kenya is committed to recruiting the best and brightest staff to help us continue to provide the highest level of service of humanity to all the people living in Kenya, schools, churches, our government, and corporates.
BRIGADE (UNIFORMED VOLUNTEER) COORDINATOR
The Institution is committed to saving lives through quick emergency response and promoting the welfare of all people through first aid and health-related training. It is therefore expected that all volunteers and staff share this commitment.
The Brigade Coordinator plays a vital role in growing the volunteer base and coordinating brigade programs in addition to mobilizing volunteers required for public duties or community service in Nairobi region. The coordinator has a solid line reporting to Principal Executive Officer and a dotted line reporting to Chief Commander.
Reporting to: Chief Commander
Line Manager: Principal Executive Officer
- Growing the volunteer base through targeted recruitment, training, and retention.
- Coordinating volunteer activities, budgeting, and follow-up of events calendar.
- Mobilizing volunteers required for public duties or community service in Nairobi region.
- Act as a liaison and promote good working relationship between volunteers and staff.
- Managing volunteer records, databases, track volunteer hours, and compile reports.
- Preparing and reviewing operating policies, code of conduct and regulations.
- Ensuring volunteers are satisfied and creating new ideas for youth development.
- Occasionally attending assigned meetings and events to promote St John Kenya.
- Assisting senior volunteer officers in scheduling meetings, mailing, filing, etc.
- Serving as a personal assistant, and performing any other responsibility as assigned by the Chief Commander
- Bachelor’s Degree in social, health sciences, Communication, Community
- Development, Human Resource OR related field.
- Must have served in the Brigade for 5 continuous years or more and must have been a Divisional Superintendent in the course of the service.
- An understanding of St John’s brigade activities and belief in volunteerism
- Organizational, planning and leadership skills
Should have experience in:
- Coordinating projects and volunteers
- Working with community organizations, social interest groups, or volunteers
- Budgeting and revenue generation for voluntary events
Should have the ability to:
- Use computer software, especially Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Recognize and protect confidential information
- Interpret rules, regulations and policies
- Resolve conflicting priorities and stakeholder concerns
- Handle flexible hours (evenings, weekends, holidays)
- Pleasant, approachable and outgoing personality
- Passionate about volunteerism and service to humanity,
- Professional and presentable outlook
- Honest and straightforward
Please apply via email only to email@example.com with a cover note and CV stating salary expectation. Only those meeting the above requirements will be considered.
Ref: BRIGADE COORDINATOR, addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
St. John Kenya
P. O. Box 41469 00100
To be received not later than 15th May, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N/B The above vacancy is restricted to current active brigade members only.