By working for St John Kenya you are contributing your skills and experience to address emergency health issues and help engage Kenyans in improving personal safety. You will also gain the satisfaction that comes from making a real difference in the life of others, work for a leader in the field that pursues best practice in emergency management, and become part of a professional team united by commitment to shared values
As an equal opportunities employer, St John Ambulance Kenya is committed to recruiting the best and brightest staff to help us continue to provide the highest level of service of humanity to all the people living in Kenya, schools, churches, our government, and corporates.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
An exciting opportunity for you to join our training department and become part of a team that trains life saver everyday is now available. See below details and apply by 12th December 2018. You may also download the application from the bottom of the link below to apply.
VACANCY NOTICE, HEADQUARTERS
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
St John Kenya is a charity established by St John Ambulance of Kenya Act Cap 259 for the purposes of, among other things, offering relief to the injured and sick people without discrimination through its first aid and health programs.
The organization is a leader in the provision of First Aid training throughout the country. Due to the rising demand for our quality training courses, we seek to recruit suitable personnel that will join the Training Department.
• Conduct classes to the highest standards on a day to day basis as per the demand; both at the Headquarters and regions.
• Liaise with training manager to determine training needs, schedule training sessions and safety training based on projected production processes, changes and other factors
• Record and maintain a Class Attendance Register during training.
• Ensure that all the necessary class documentation and paperwork is completed at the end of each training session as per the training department’s standard operating procedures.
• Monitor Students performance and response to training
• Prepare educational material such as module summaries, videos etc.
• Produce monthly reports based on results as per the training department indicators
• Administer the Standard Client Feedback form at the end of each class and submit the same for policy making on a monthly basis.
• Ensure proper utilization and maintenance of training equipment
• Assist in marketing and publicity of all St. John services, with emphasis on First Aid training and Disaster
• Exhibit determination and discipline in carrying out assignments.
• Prepare adequate and appropriate training material and equipment prior to any training session.
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Education or any other relevant degree.
• Minimum of three years of experience in handling training and grading for certification.
• Knowledge and skills in Disaster Preparedness and Management.
• Advanced skills in First aid and Fire Safety training.
• Good Research Skills and ability to do proposal writing and reporting skills.
• Exhibit self-confidence and ability to clearly articulate issues with relevance and impact.
• Computer Proficiency.
• Demonstrate good leadership and inter-personal skills.
• Team player.
• Excellent communication skills with good command of English and Swahili.
• Knowledge of the existing National Laws and regulations on training.
• Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
• Ability to work under tight deadlines.
If you meet the above requirements please apply, with a cover note and CV stating salary expectation via email only to; firstname.lastname@example.org
addressed to: The Chief Executive Officer
St. John Kenya
P. O. Box 41469 00100
To be received not later than Tuesday December 12th 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You may also download the job advert here: VACANCY NOTICE -TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICER