By working for St John Kenya you are contributing your skills and experience to address emergency health issues and help engage Kenyans in improving personal safety. You will also gain the satisfaction that comes from making a real difference in the life of others, work for a leader in the field that pursues best practice in emergency management, and become part of a professional team united by commitment to shared values
As an equal opportunities employer, St John Ambulance Kenya is committed to recruiting the best and brightest staff to help us continue to provide the highest level of service of humanity to all the people living in Kenya, schools, churches, our government, and corporates.
Emergency Call Center Executives (4 Positions)
Here is your opportunity to work within a team dedicated to saving lives every day. Four (4) vacancy positions for Emergency Call Center Executives now open. See details below or click the link at the bottom to download a detailed job description.
EMERGENCY CALL CENTER EXECUTIVES, HEADQUARTERS.
St John Ambulance Kenya is a charitable organization whose vision is to be at the heart of the nation serving as volunteers in the provision of community service first aid and world class emergency response. St. John Ambulance is expanding its call center and is therefore looking for suitable individuals to fill the position of Emergency Call Center Executives.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Receiving all emergency and non-emergency calls and dispatching the crew in order of priority
• Ensure only authorized persons respond to all calls.
• Data Entry of all emergency work carried out and ensure all records are provided by the relevant staff for timely data entry.
• Ensure that all patients or callers are properly handled over the telephone
• Be able to gather the most information regarding the various emergency situations in the minimum time possible and clearly.
• Dispatch and co-ordinate appropriate and available response resources
• Be able to provide emergency care instructions to callers awaiting ambulances response.
• Monitor the progress of the assigned ambulances via the dispatch system
• Ensure proper hand-over between ambulance crews
• Provide all departmental records as and when required.
• Ensure that all events coverage is done in a timely manner.
• Report any defects detected in the vehicle and follow procedure for reporting accidents.
• Follow up on customer requests and respond.
• Degree in Communication, Public Relations (PR), Marketing or its equivalent.
• Well expressed spoken and written communication.
• Good PR and Customer Care skills e.g. courtesy and empathy.
• First Aid, EMT knowledge or Disaster training and certification will be an added advantage.
• Certificate of Good conduct (Mandatory).
• 25 years of age and above.
• Ability to remain calm, use reasoned judgment and communicate effectively in a stressful or a situation especially when handling mass incidents.
• Ability to speak clearly and distinctly on radio and telephone.
• Computer proficiency.
• Team player with high level of discipline and integrity.
Please apply via email only to email@example.com, with a cover note and CV stating your salary expectation.
Ref: EMERGENCY CALL CENTER EXECUTIVES.
The Chief Executive Officer,
St. John Ambulance Kenya,
P. O. Box 41469-00100,
To be received not later than 26th October 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You may also click here to download the job advert: Vacancy – Emergency Medical Dispatcher